3 1/2 cups milk
2 small pkgs instant French vanilla pudding
1 stick butter, softened to room temperature
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1 (16 oz) container whipped topping
2 pgks chocolate sandwich cookies (I used oreos)
Chocolate candy rocks (found at Winco)
Assorted gummy worms
1. Whisk the milk and pudding together in a large bowl until smooth. Let stand for five minutes.
2. In another large bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese together with a hand mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
3. Beat in the powdered sugar until smooth. Add the pudding and beat until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping.
4. Crush 1 package of cookies so that there are some fine crumbs, but also large pieces. There needs to be a variety. Fold this into the pudding mixture until evenly mixed.
5. Finely crush the other bag of cookies. In a large clear glass trifle dish, pour about a third of the pudding mixture in the bottom and spread to smooth.
6. Sprinkle with a later of about a third of the finely crushed cookies. Stick several of the candy rocks in the cookie layer, especially around the perimeter of the dish where they will be visible.
7. Top with another third of the pudding mixture on top of the cookie layer, then repeat with another cookie layer and some more candy rocks. Spread the remaining third of the pudding on top, then with the remaining cookie crumbs. Place more rocks and gummy worms on top to decorate. Chill for several hours to overnight before serving.