1 (15 oz) pkg oreo cookies with the cream attached
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream (or any flavor)
1 medium container frozen whipped topping
toasted nuts (optional)
Hot fudge sauce
1. Crush oreos and combine with melted butter. Reserve at least 1 cup of crumbs for later and press remaining crumbs firmly into a 9 x 13 pan (I used a pie pan.)
2. Let ice cream become soft enough to spread onto crumbs, or slice ice cream in 1 inch layers and place on top of crumbs and press seams together.
3. Top ice cream with a few more crumbs.
4. Drizzle with hot fudge sauce and sprinkle nuts on top if desired.
5. Spread whipped topping over all, and drizzle again with fudge sauce. Cover and return to freezer.