1 garlic bulb, unpeeled
2 lbs red potatoes
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
3 tbsp butter
salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the garlic on a sheet of aluminum foil and wrap tightly.
2. Roast in a preheaded 400 oven for 45 mins, until soft.
3. Unwrap and let cool
4. Pell the cloves and squeeze out the pulp
5. Wash and rinse the potatoes under cold water. Halve or quarter.
6. In a large pot, cook the potatoes at a slow boil for about 20 mins.
7. Remove from the heat and let drain in a colander.
8. In a large saucepan or bowl, combine the potatoes and roasted garlic with the remaining ingredients and mash with a potato masher.
9. Serve warm (good with gravy)