2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
1/2 cup flour
2 tbsp oil
1 bay leaf
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 onion, chopped
2 beef bouillon cubes
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
6 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 cup sliced celery
4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
4 cups water
1. Coat mean with flour; set excess flour aside. In large skilled heat oil. Brown meat on all sides.
2. In slow cooker, combine browned beef, bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, chopped onion, bouillon cubes, pepper, salt, sugar and vegetables.
3. Pour water over all (almost to the top of the slow cooker.)
4. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.
5. Turn control on high. Thicken with flour left over from coating (about 1/4 cup) dissolved in a small amount of warm water.
6. Cover and cook on high 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
found recipe at http://fortheloveofcooking-recipes.blogspot.com/